Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why I hate American Express and Why You Need To Read This Blog!


Perhaps one of the worst decisions I made in my life was working for American Express. On one hand, jobs like these are grist for the mill; sweet fodder to help enhance real life experiences in a story. I am first and foremost a writer and never professed to be attune to the customer service field. Though I’ve had experience managing at Wal-Mart in my years and those little jobs you don’t add to your resume through high school and college that dealt with the public, I try to avoid customer service because, quite frankly, the customer is crazy.

But when the company you work for is just as archaic, out of touch and careless about the customers they are trying to serve, then what are you to do. As much as this may come across as just another disgruntled ex-employee, you need to see the world of credit from what is supposed to be the cream of the crop of credit cards. The education I received...I now bestow to you. A warning? No … most of what I’m about to share with you is all in the fine print of your membership terms and agreement that you never read.

And American Express, and any other credit card company out there, knows you don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment